Note: Vmix call is a different platform from Whova
Whova is the platform where the event will be broadcasted, so all the event attendees will have access to it.
Vmix call is the streaming platform, so only the live webinars panelists will have access to it. It works similarly to a Zoom video-conference call.
PREREQUISITES FOR ACCESSING VMIX CALL
- High speed connection of at least 10 MB download / upload
- The panelist’s computer must be connected via cable or be close to the Wi-Fi router; it is better if the network stays fully dedicated to the call
- Use a laptop, PC/iMac, or smartphone with camera and microphone
- Use headphones to avoid external noises and echoes
HOW TO JOIN A VMIX CALL
Each guest receives an individual link to access the call, so it is important that the guest uses only its designated link, and don’t share it with anyone.
When the guest receives the link, they must open it in Google Chrome or Firefox on a computer / smartphone. Upon opening the link, the guest will be taken to the lobby.
If it is your first time entering the platform, the browser will ask your permission to access your camera and microphone. PLEASE MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALLOWED.
After all the devices are allowed, enter your name and click “Join Call”.
The participant can choose the size of his/her return screen (with a red border) by clicking the arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen or hide it by clicking the green rectangular icon.
When the guest connects, he will immediately receive a feed of what goes on air, allowing their monitoring and interaction with what is being captured / the transmitted content.
To have access to the chat, just click on the icon highlighted below.
IMAGE AND AUDIO RECOMMENDATIONS
- If the guest is using a cellphone, they must activate the automatic screen rotation:
iOS Devices and Android Devices
2. Next position it horizontally:
3. Look forward to the center of the frame and place your cellphone at your eye level.
Ideal example of framing
Lighting: Search for a front light source
Audio: It is ideal to close all your browser tabs, so your device can operate with full capacity. In case you need to use other tabs, make sure all the notification sounds are disabled.
Having trouble accessing Vmix call? Check our Troubleshooting guide